Saturday, June 14, 2008














Stress free, & good food.




Every meal we cook we end up sitting around the table unable to move stuffed with ostrich meat, mashed potatoes and fresh greens. This is not exactly ideal for sending hard. But it is great for rebuilding the fuel reserves that we need when climbing non stop. Basicly we climb two days on and then rest a day. But we have done some three days on, which can be a bit taxing on the body. So we eat.



I have been in the rocklands for about a 3 weeks and I have seen a lot of the developed areas. I have said in a previous post that the rocklands is so big that you are constantly looking for the perfect line. Well this is true and what I said before alo remains true. But this line at the Road Crew area called Cedar Spine really is the pefect line. It climbs this nover hanging arete with big long moves on eaither side of the arete, and to top it all off it has a big throw for the last move.


SO I was saying I have been here for three weeks and I have seen alot of the developed areas and looked out over the never ending boulders longing to climb them all. I have been looking for the perfect hard line that I want to invest some time in sending. When I arrived I was feeling really strong fresh from plastic and Yosemite's stiff grading system. I did this 8a route that I didn't think was really v11 but now that I have sampled some other v10s that were simular style roof problems with big holds and compression moves. I think that no late tenders could be 8a and i was just not used to the grading or climbing around here. SO i am psyched that I did an 8a. that was my goal for South Africa. I just didn't think I would get it done that fast. But I should of known better, Because I had the best chance of sending something hard fresh from plastic. Its not that suprising because I did my first v10 in bishop shortly after moving there.

this is exciting and i am still psyched to see what other hard route I can send in my month left.

No comments: