Friday, May 16, 2008

Capetown

made it to capetown. After 26 hours I arrived in capetown minus nick. After many hours of excited conversation Nick and I arrived in Joberg SA. I made it through customs to look back and see Nick walking with some guy in uniform towards a door. they dissapear. I get the bags thinking nothing. i can't even imagine what could of happen. I collect our bags and crashpads. and sit down on all of them. Damn this is comfortable, but where the hell is nick. I wait for 20 minutes and finally think something has happen. I inquire at the customs desk as to where my friend has been taken. Two ladies who don't care at all give me a few words like "don't know and hold on." after a few minutes of asking i am given a phone. "hello" I say. the lady on the other end says nick didn't have blah blah something something, hes not coming." I try to get anything out of her, like where is he. nothing. so i hang up comletely confused as to what the hell i am going to do. Some how as I am walking back to my bags a man walks by me and i don't even remember how This works but some how i figure out he is helping nick. I say I am his friend and that I am looking for him. He is very nice and seems to care. He says nick cannot get into the country because he didn't have room in his passport for the visa stamp. WHAT. he is flying to Botswana to try and get more pages added to his passport. he hands me a letter scribbled by nick ment for Jenn. On the papper is Tristens number, walker doesn't know whats happening I love you and i'm sorry. I figure i should head on to capetown and that there is nothing i can do. AFter walking from desk to desk checking my bags and getting them weighed getting money exchanged I eventually board the flight to capetown. I sit down and ask the guy next to me is he from capetown. he says yes, what are you doing here he says. I am here to climb I say. Oh he says. he is a climber as well and gives me beta. I arrive in capetown collect my things and stumble around hoping that Tristen is there and will recognize me. He does right off. hes wearing a 'mad rock' jacket and says he has talked to nick. Man am I happy to see him. Wow we speed off to his house where I log on and somehow nick is online, we chat and he tells me to continue as planned and he will hopefuly be there soon. This morning i went to the airport to get Jenn luckily she is there. Wow someone else to be with this is good. I feel better about this situation. We rent a car and head for downtown to the waterfront. ANd here i am. enjoying the sights and still waiting to see what is happening with nick.

No comments: